12/21/08

Early Christmas Presents

I wish I could say I have been caught in all the hussel and bussel of Christmas and that is why I have not blogged, but in reality I have been caught in the craziness of my job. This was the first year I have been in charge of our year end, and it was CRAZY. The first two weeks of December my little family rarely saw me. That made me sad. :( However, now it is over and I get to spend from Christmas Eve to the 5th of January at home, and I can’t wait.

During my blogging break a couple exciting things happened. TIM GRADUATED!!! I can’t tell you how happy that makes me (and him). I don’t think it will really sink in until next semester starts and he doesn’t have to go. And then when he gets a new job, that will be even better. That was one of the BEST early Christmas presents I got.

Second, in the midst of craziness Noah decided to potty train himself! You may have thought he was potty trained, but I think I was potty trained. Up until a couple months ago he wouldn’t have many accidents, but he wouldn’t tell me when he needed to go. I just made sure he was on his potty chair regularly so he didn’t have accidents. Then a couple months ago accidents became a regular thing and I couldn’t deal with it, so we bought diapers and just decided to take a break. A couple weeks ago Noah started saying, ‘I need to go potty’, keeping his diaper dry, and even going in and using the bathroom all by himself. Then we went to my dad’s house to celebrate Christmas today and Noah told Jane he was potty trained and she gave him $5, and I think we won’t ever have any accidents he was SO excited about his money. That was the other BEST early Christmas present.

I hope to blog more before Christmas, but incase I don’t. I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT, RELAXING CHRISTMAS!

2 comments:

Amy said...

So I am not sure what to be more excited for you about... Tim graduating or Noah and the potty. Many wonderful christmas blessings! Merry Christmas!

LindseyFae* said...

Oh my gosh, I can understand being so excited about your child finally being potty trained. I got to the point where I wondered if Bentley was EVER going to be potty trained. It was so frustrating. And congrats to Tim on graduating!! That's awesome.. maybe one day I'll be there... So is it modbod that you're super busy with? When I'm down to my weight goal, I'll definately check it out and buy some stuff from ya! Glad to hear you had a good Christmas!