6/10/10

For the better

A lot of things have changed in my life lately. Thank goodness they have all been for the better. Of course the biggest one has been adding our precious little Kyra to the family. I love her to death. She is a great baby, and her brother loves her to pieces. However, I am learning that it is an adjustment when a baby comes around. I am learning how to adjust to him. :) (Side note, Greenwood closed their doors a week ago, so I would be with out a job if I would have stayed)

Another big change for the better is my job. Most of you know that I worked for Greenwood Construction for a very long time! Eleven years to be exact. Unfortunately the last year of my employment their was not a happy one. I was doing 3 plus people's jobs and dealing with some very unpleasant people. I decided that leaving a beautiful baby that I had tried for years to have with someone else while I went to a job I hated was not an option. I couldn't do it, however, I couldn't just quit and stay at home full time either, that wasn't an option. Thanks to prayers being answered and a wonderful old employer I was able to secure a job with the old owner of Greenwood Construction. I am happy to be able to work part time for a company that will care about me and cause me A LOT less stress. (And hopefully let Kyra come to work with me)

The last big change for the better is Tim's job. Tim has worked at becoming a manager at 1-800-Contacts for the last year. He had applied for the job this spring and it was down to him and another person. Unfortunately they decided to hire the other person for the job. We were upset because if he would have gotten it it would have helped keeping me at home more. Tim called me about 2 1/2 weeks ago to tell me that the other person did not work out and they promoted him to manager! I couldn't believe it!!! The blessings!! I am so happy that Tim is now doing something he enjoys. Plus he benefits with more pay and better hours. I am excited to have our weekends together.

I know this may be a long boring blog, but I felt I needed to write it just to express how grateful I am for my blessings and that faith is an amazing thing. It was hard for me to quit my job, even though I knew I would be going to something better. I know there are challenges and we all grow from them, but right now I am grateful for the blessings.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

You've both worked so hard over the past several years to get to this point - contratulations

Megan said...

I am happy that things are finally going your way :)

Kathy said...

I didn't think your post was boring at all. I'm so glad to hear that things are going so well. It makes me want to take some time to count my blessings as well. Thanks for sharing!