5/3/11

Let's Get Healty

Are you like me?  I always set up New Year’s Resolutions with all the intent in the world to follow through and succeed at it, only to have given up about a week into it.  Well the end of December Tim & I were driving somewhere and I said, 2011 is the year I am going to be in charge of my life rather than feel like my life is in charge of me.  Do you understand what I mean by that?  Sometimes I feel like I take a passenger seat in my own life.  I want to lose weight, but don’t really do anything about it and then let days, weeks, months, pass me by.  I want to find a way to be with my kids more, but then I just complain about not being home, rather than coming up with a plan on how I can be home more.  This year I have taken over the driver seat and have been happy with my results.

One of my New Year’s Resolutions was to lose weight.  This one is always super hard for me, but I have to say I am proud of my results so far.  I have lost 7 lbs this year.  It is not where I want to be, but it is a lot closer than I have been in years.  And that brings me to why I am writing this post.  During the month of May I am going to hold myself accountable to my blog to stick with my diet.  I did great until April, and I slacked last month.  I went to the gym a lot, however, the diet went out the window.  The funny thing is I feel 100 times better when I follow a healthy diet so I am still confused as to why it is so hard for me to continually follow one.

My goals to lose weight:
 - I would like to lose 3lbs this month (hopping for 5, but I am being realistic)
 - To accomplish this goal I am going to keep a daily log on my calories (trying to stay between 1200-1350)
 - I really want to be able to do a pull up by my birthday (I am getting close)
 - I am going to follow the Mayo Clinic Diet (which you start 5 healthy habits and get rid of 5 bad habits)
     - The Healthy Habits  
          - Eat a Healthy Breakfast (this will be easy I always eat breakfast)
          - Eat Vegetables & Fruit (I really like veggies, I need to work on my fruit)
          - Add Whole Grains (I am going Gluten Free in hopes to get rid of my constant stomach ache so this will only be gluten free grains)
          - Eat Healthy Fats (I really like sweets, this will be hard)
          - Move (exercise) 30 minutes a day (I go to the gym 3 days a week so now I need to make time the days I am not at the gym)
     - The Bad Habits
          - No TV while Eating (this one will be kind of hard, but manageable)
          - No Sugar (k, shoot me now, this one will kill me! but at least it is only for the month, then I can slowly add a little back in, with the exception of Kyra's and my birthday's this month)
          - No Snacks except for Fruits & Veggies (this is will help with my fruit in take and with more fruit coming into season this should help)
          - Moderate Meat & Low-fat Dairy (this one shouldn't be too hard, I always eat low fat dairy and smaller amounts of meat should be ok)
        - No Eating at Restaurants (unless meal fits program)  (Good thing it says unless meal fits program cause Tim LOVES to get out so I will just have to make healthy decisions)

Progress:
May 1st - I hadn't decided to do this yet, so that doesn't count :)
May 2nd - Started out really good, then I didn't get dinner made before we went and cleaned the churched and by the time we got home I was ornery, so I had pizza and ice cream :(
May 3rd - New day, today is starting out well, let's hope it continues well

Who wants to jump on the band wagon?

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Looks awesome, I'm with you.