10/23/09

Way Over Due

I am excited to say after 18 months; 6 months of Clomid, and 5 IUIs / Super Ovulations we are FINALLY expecting our 2nd child. (Sorry hopefully this weekend I will post the ultrasound). I am 10 weeks pregnant, and can’t wait for the throwing up to stop!!!

We went in on Monday for our first official appointment and it was bittersweet. I went in at 6 weeks to find out how many babies there were ( I was a little freaked out cause this is the same way that Jon & Kate got their 6) and saw 2 tiny dots with tiny heartbeats. I was shocked, but extremely excited to know we were going to get two babies. It has been a long hard path and to know I wouldn’t have to worry about going through it again felt great. However, when we did the ultrasound at nine weeks one of the little heartbeats was no longer there. I was devastated. However, I have now accepted it and am thrilled that one of the little babies is still surviving. I can’t wait to meet our new one at the end of May!

9 comments:

Jeanine said...

YEAH!!! I am so excited for you. I am glad that your wait is over, so exciting! Although it is bittersweet and thought of twins is fun, the THOUGHT of two at once freaks me out.

What is your due date? (PS I am ten weeks pregnant too and due on May 19th) We may have kids real close together.

Nicole said...

Yay!!!

Crystal said...

Woot woot!! This is the best news i've heard all day. And I'm so sorry about losing one of the babies. So heartbreaking.

We miss you guys so much!!

Megan said...

Yipee!

Kira said...

Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!
P.S. Clomid sucks, we did that. It makes you crazy :)

Chris and Hilary said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you guys! Hopefully your morning sickness doesn't last too much longer. I know I have a hard time feeling excited when I am tired and throwing up all the time, so hopefully once you get out of this first trimester you will be feeling better.

Can't wait to see what you are having!

LindseyFae* said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting. I hope you feel better soon.

Cindy n Orv said...

Congratulations!!!! It sounds like May is going to be a great month for babies!!! I am sorry about the second one. Get feeling better soon! Love you lots!!!

Kathy said...

I am so behind. I don't know how I missed this post. Hooray for you guys. It sounds like it has been a hard road to get there. I hope that everything goes well. You are probably getting close to finding out what you are having already. I am so happy for you. I hope you are feeling better already.